Annie Benjamin, Wedding Officiant
- Riverton, UT 84065
- (801) 828-5784
"10 WEDDING BLUNDERS TO AVOID"
1.Try not to get attached to your flower choices. When you book your florist, he can only guess which flowers are going to be available for your wedding day, especially if you book a year in advance. Think in terms of color and shapes rather than specific flowers.
2.Think twice before you send out save-the dates to everyone. Until you mail out your invitations, your guest list is not final. Friends you're close with when you become engaged may be mere acquaintances by your wedding day. Your wedding day is a day of celebration and should include friends and family that will make the day meaningful and memorable.
3. You will regret if you skip videography! Still photos tell only a small part of the story of your day of celebration. Video captures the tremble in your voice as you tear up to say "I do" and the joy and excitement of your friends and family as they celebrate with you!
4. Be careful not to blow your fashion budget on your dress. Say you have $1,500 set aside for your look. Items to consider in this cost are the cost of the dress, shipping and handling if it is not bought off the rack, sales taxes, undergarments, shoes, jewelry, make-up, and hair.
5. Avoid micromanaging your vendors. Even though it is tempting to want to control every detail of your wedding preparation, you don't have the time or energy. You have hired talented vendors to take care of their specialties. Relax and let them do the job you are paying them for. After your intial meetings, trust they will get it right. They almost always will.
6. Think hard before you pick your attendants. Your bridesmaids should be your best friends. Period. They are there to support and help you when you need it the most. Choose those people that will be there to support you in tough situations.
7. Please restrain yourself from telling everyone your plans. It's hard not to talk about your wedding celebration. Try. The more people you share with, the more opinions and "well-meaning" bits of advice you will receive. And the greater chance of surprises you plan being spoiled. This day is set aside to reflect the two of you--your personalities, your beliefs, your new beginning as you start your journey of life together. A day that is uniquely yours! The last thing you want is for someone to steal your grand finale because they're getting married before you.
8. Seriously stop booking your salon appointments last. It is your day! You need the attention of the stylist focused on you! Yes, you want your hair and make-up perfect; but the last in the chair is the last one worked on. Your bridemaid won't care if she is given a less-complicated up-do. This is not an option for you!
9. Don't even think about speeding through photos. Less than an hour isn't enough time for a photo session. An-hour-and-a-half is closer to ideal because you look more relaxed. If you don't want your groom to see you beforehand, take seperate pictures before the ceremony so all that is left afterwards are the pictures of you together.
10. Avoid hiring a "friend" instead of a pro. You want your friends to enjoy your wedding day celebration, not to have to work through it.